[keycloak-user] Exclude a user with realm-management role from keycloak's password policy

Fateh fateh.alchhabi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:17:32 EDT 2019

Hi Firoz

Thanks for the answer, but I could not achieve the expected result
First of all, I am using Keycloak-4.4.0.Final and I could not find  Role
Mappings tab  for the client

Here the steps I followed :

   - I went to Master realm create user *sysAdmin* then on the left from
   the user page >> Role Mapping >> Client Roles >> in the drop menu I found
   the client from the Master realm only but not from the other realms. So I
   assigned to  the master-realm all the roles inside
   - in the other realm I have a client with those values

<secure-deployment name="WAR MODULE NAME.war">
    <realm>Nosg-Realm</realm>
    <auth-server-url>http://localhost:8180/auth</auth-server-url>
    <ssl-required>EXTERNAL</ssl-required>
    <resource>whereoil-rest-api</resource>
    <credential
name="secret">4ab9fac1-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx</credential>
    <use-resource-role-mappings>true</use-resource-role-mappings>
</secure-deployment>

   - I am using Java client to fetch all user and roles list via this code
   Keycloak keycloak = KeycloakBuilder.builder()
   .serverUrl("http://localhost:8180/auth")
   .realm("Nosg-Realm")
   .grantType(OAuth2Constants.PASSWORD)
   .clientId("whereoil-rest-api")
   .clientSecret(" 4ab9fac1-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx  ")
   .username("sysadmin") //master Realm user
   .password("xxxxx")
   .build();

   RealmResource realmResource = keycloak.realm("Nosg-Realm");
   realmResource.users().search("User from Nosg-Realm");

I hope this could clarify it more

Best regards
Fateh Alchhabi