[keycloak-user] Automating user federation config on startup

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 07:02:12 EDT 2019

Hey Gary,

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 1:09 AM Gary Kennedy <gary at apnic.net> wrote:

> Just about to dive into this, but wondering if anyone can share any
> information they have to save me some time/effort?
>
> I'm looking to setup an isolated review instance of keycloak via automated
> build pipelines with isolated support dependencies (ldap, db, etc). The
> ldap, and db, host names are dynamic. Pointing to the database is easy
> (thanks to the environment variable support), however I don't know how (or
> if) it can be done for the user federation setup/config.

Once the LDAP server hostname / specifics are known, proceed to:

   - Adding a provider
   <https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#storage-provider-operations>
   (see "*Configuring an LDAP user storage provider*" section of it),
   - Adding a needed mapper
   <https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#adding-mappers>
   (see e.g. "*Adding a user attribute LDAP mapper*" or "*Adding a group
   LDAP mapper*" for specific examples on how to do that)

> I'm guessing/hoping I can use the subsystem cli config on startup, but
> that idea may just be showing my ignorance.
>
> Has anyone done/tried this before and can share their experiences please?
>
> Cheers,
> Gary

HTH

Regards, Jan