[rules-users] Re: [rules-dev] M1 sneak preview

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Feb 12 14:34:58 EST 2007

There are ways, but its always a compromise. To work directly with pojos
you need to retract the value before modification and then assert it
after modification. We can possibly instrument the drl to do an auto
retract and assert on using a setter, but it means you cannot modify a
fact external, without manually retracting and asserting it. This would
also deprecate modify() in the drl. Over time we'll try and provide
several ways to slice and dice this, as I don't think there is one clear
answer for everyone.

Mark