[rules-users] Access to globals from WorkItemHandlers?

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:59:41 EDT 2010

@Ed,

    "Forget about flow, for the moment, and just consider rules": would be
hard for me to do (at least yet), I don't have enough expertise in Rules
area ( others may definitely help you here ).

    However I worked/ing with several workflow solutions (Drools Flow, jBPM,
Filenet, etc..), and although I see your point in having access to global
variables ( which are in reality a "flow-scoped" variables ), the short
answer is "limit the scope of the variable as much as possible", and it
definitely applies to any flow.

/Anatoly

P.S. Again, I don't really understand why would not out of the Drools Flow
box mapping ( e.g. <mapping type="in" from="databaseCredetials"
to="databaseCredetials" /> ) work for you.