[rules-users] Time unit step-size inside rule files.

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Aug 13 11:21:11 EDT 2010

   Thorsten,

   I am afraid that as it is today (time units being tied to a partial
ISO8601 syntax), the best you will be able to do is to use some helper
functions in some parts of the rules for what you need to do.

   Although, if you propose a different way of handling that, we may
consider it for future releases.

   Edson

2010/8/13 Thorsten <thorsten.schmidt84 at gmx.de>

> Hello out there,
>
> is it possible to change or extend the existing time unit step-size like
> [h,s,ms] used inside the rules? They all seems to have a fixed (logical)
> relationship (e.g. 1 s = 1000ms). Unfortunately we have a different time
> representation in our application. We can rebuild the time model using
> the smallest units as pseudo time reference but this makes the rules
> hard to write / read as every user has to know how much
> “smallest-time-units” represents a real world second.
>
> Thank you very much
> Thorsten

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development