[rules-users] how to access process variables within wait state node timers?

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Jul 22 18:35:51 EDT 2010

Reto,

Regarding timers, unfortunately it's not possibly to dynamically change
the value of the timer properties based on some process variable.
There's already a JIRA issue for this but it didn't make it into the
source code yet:
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2501

For wait states, since they are rule constraints, you could potentially
access process variables if you insert the process instance into the
working memory.  This is described in the docs here:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch03.html#d4e638

Kris