[rules-users] What project I should be looking to use

Kishore Chintoju kishore.chintoju at gmail.com
Mon May 17 00:51:12 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

We are incorporating rules engine into our project.

As part of this we will building a web based rules UI to be used by our
customers to create/edit rules (aka Guvnor, but not as generic and full
fledged) . All of the rules will be persisted to DB.

We have prototyped the getting the rules of of DB and invoking rules engine
on the loaded rules part, which was working.

Now I'm prototyping the create and persist rule to DB part.

I was looking through the *drools-compiler* and *drools-template *APIs to
see the classes I should be using to do this.

I have the following questions.

   1. We have decided to save the rules into the DB as DRL, is this the
   right approach
   2. Which of *drools-compiler *and *drools-template *has the appropriate
   API for creating a rule element in memory and parse it into DRL (to be
   stored in DB),
      1. Am I looking at the right projects for the job or should I be
      looking somewhere else?
      2. I'm looking through the api, but any pointers/articles which will
      help me through will be appreciated.

Cheers
Kishore