[rules-users] Error in Drools when clicking "Generate Task Form Template"

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 10:47:43 EDT 2012

The issue seems to be your assignment mapping of the task data outputs.
Please note the "To" and "From" columns in the data assignments editor:
** When you are mapping DATA INPUTS:
"From" columns should have the object you are mapping from, so like
process variables, globals, etc
"To" columns should have the object you are mapping to, so the data
input of your task

** When you are mapping DATA OUTPUTS:
"From" columns should have the object you are mapping from, so your data
output of your Task
"To" columns should have the object you are mapping to, so like your
process variables, globals, etc.

I think in your case you should just switch your assignments for your
task data outputs, so:
** Task 1:
from Object="Approve" is mapped to "ApprovedRequest"
should be
from Object="ApprovedRequest" is mapped to "Approve"

** Task 2:
from Object="Order" is mapped to "OrderItem"
should be
from Object="OrderItem" is mapped to "Order"

Hope this helps.
Tihomir