[rules-users] trouble getting rule debugging to work in eclipse

Frank Wilson Frank.Wilson at netboss.com
Thu Aug 9 05:41:40 EDT 2012

Hi droolers!

I installed the Drool Eclipse 5.4.0 Final plugin into an Indigo SR2 installation of eclipse and found I could not get the rule debugger to work.

I created a standard rules runtime for my workspace. Then I created a drools project with the HelloWorld rule and the sample loader java class. I then set some break points in the consequent parts of both the "Hello World" and "Goodbye" rules. I then right-clicked on DroolTest.java->Debug As->Drool Application. However, the debugger did not pause on the break points as I expected. This was despite the fact the program gave the expected output:

Hello World
Goodbye cruel world

If I put breakpoints in java code the debugger pauses there as expected.

Any idea where I might be going wrong here?

Thanks,

Frank