[rules-users] Understanding Rules Firing Sequence

tanug tanu.gupta at rupeelog.com
Tue Aug 28 05:38:11 EDT 2012

Hello,

Attached here is the complete screenshot of the decision table.

i am not using salience, so all rules should have same salience of 0

I understand that in such cases, the conflict resolution strategy is
'specificity'.

But for the following case, when i run test scenario with following values:
family == mehta
clientid ==  shailesh
portfolio == exe
txntype == buy
scrip == acc
i get the rule firing sequence as 7-9-8 and 6 and I get 10 in my fees
variable.

but if I remove rule 6, the rules get fired in the following order - 7-9-8
and I get 100 in my fees variable.
This second case shows that it is indeed following the specificity rule.

Is it possible to know what conflict resolution strategy is being used in
guvnor? in eclipse?

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019414/Capture4.png

Many thanks in advance

Tanu