[rules-users] JPA vs Marshaller for session persistence

magnusv magnus.vojbacke at digitalroute.com
Fri Nov 23 09:18:47 EST 2012

Are there any disadvantages to using the Marshaller instead of JPA for
persistence?

We are running Drools as an embedded service, and we would favor the
Marshaller because we don't want to handle the persisting of the session id
between system reboots. We're currently not using JPA in our system, and it
seems unnecessary to add it just for Drools.

In which scenarios would it be appropriate to use JPA and Marshalling
respectively?