[rules-users] Can we use rule "extends" option in decision tables?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:52:08 EDT 2012

"extends" is not available with rules generated from decision tables. While
it wouldn't be a big problem to add an option for adding "extends x" to the
rules generated from one table (or even a different extends clause to each
of the rules resulting from a table) I can see a problem for coming to grips
with what the user will need to write for "x".

If "x" is the name of a rule that's defined in a separate DRL: no problem.

But what if the user want to extend a rule from another decision table?
They have names concocted from a user supplied name and the row in
the spreadsheet. The only way to have a reliable reference would be via
spreadsheet native cell references.

-W