[rules-users] How to forsee mid way planning team changes (optaplanner)

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:37:16 EST 2013

Makes sense. This is is probably the most straightforward way to model
it cleanly.

You probably want to make 2 EmployeeParts and still link them to same
Employee.
An EmployeePart is basically an employee for the entire time that he/she
works under the same regime.
A shift gets assigned to an EmployeePart.
Normally, an Employee has only 1 EmployeePart.
But depending on how much history you're loading in due to continous
planning (where xmas of last year might influece allocation of this
year's xmas), you might find that some employees had 3 or more parts
over that time span.