[rules-users] [Optaplanner] Scheduling + VRP

Mats Norén mats.noren at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 09:02:27 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm looking for an example that does both scheduling and vrp.
I have workers with certain skills and I have goods (which require a particular skill set) to be delivered or picked up within certain time windows.
Each worker work in a team.
The team should if possible be assigned to the same delivery/pickup.
The workers work in shifts and by law has to have breaks etc.
I want to create a schedule that assigns workers/teams to deliveries/pickups and stay within the time windows as well as optimizing the distance travelled.
I thought about the nurse rostering example together with cvrptw but the nurse rostering uses shifts (day, night).

Do I have to do it in two steps? First VRP and then try to assign the workers?

The only hard facts are the workers worktime and the goods delivery/pickup time.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Mats