[teiid-designer-dev] Teiid In JCA Container

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 10:36:45 EDT 2009

I like the vision.  I'll need to read all this again and think it through, but I do have a couple of immediate questions and thoughts.

Has there been any discussion concerning how these changes effect the attractiveness embedded of Teiid?  I'm concerned that it will be less attractive in OEM opportunities, and not necessarily in any specific technical sense, but that it's more 'heavyweight' because it requires a container.

I know you mentioned JBJCA for future embedded deployments, can that replace all the services of the container or our current implementations, or would there be some loss of functionality?

I need to read up on JCA, but there are some unique connection management concerns with the SalesForce connector (close one and they all close) that might have to be resolved.

Thanks for writing this up, this is just the kind of detail I need to see to really understand the future vision of Teiid and see the implications.

~jd