[teiid-users] VDB deployment: How to specify connector properties at runtime?

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 13:51:50 EDT 2009

Torsten,

Using Teiid Designer, user can specify "connectors" at two places.

1) During/after the model creation. The connector created (automatically
or manually created) is used for "preview" functionality. This is only
for "design" time environment. Which is what you have.

2) When the VDB is created, user has choice of accepting the connector
created before, or change properties for the "runtime" environment. See
"execution" tab under VDB panel in designer during the VDB creation.

Out of Designer

1) Once the VDB is created, you can manually edit the
"ConfigurationInfo.def" file inside the VDB (this is not using desinger)
and change the properties to what you like. VDB is simple zip file, so
can open with any zip utilities.

2) Once deployed into Teiid Runtime, you can use Admin API to modify.
You can either use a your own program or Admin Shell for this. See
"addConnectorBinding" and "assignConnectorBinding" calls for this.

3) In 6.3 release, we will have a GUI based management tool, which will
let you configure the same.

Hope this helps.

Ramesh..