[teiid-users] removing system physical

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 17:27:16 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I would like to float the idea of removing SystemPhysical from the 6.3 release and converting System to a physical model.  System as a virtual model needlessly introduces lookup tables and joins between the SystemPhysical tables.  Also SystemPhysical is filled with a lot of modeling and indexing concepts that would be best not to expose.  Since SystemPhysical is marked as non-visible, not documented for use (from within transformations), and has all of its relevant information exposed through System anyway the impact and potential workarounds for this removal are minimal.  Let me know if there are any concerns.

Steve