[teiid-users] minimal required JBoss profile

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 15:44:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 16:41 -0400, Charles Simon wrote:
> Yes, I was expecting to use the dynamic VDB feature.  Thanks for the tip
> of looking at the "translator-jdbc" code.  I assume that you are
> referring to Teiid 7 and that it still requires JBoss AS as part of this
> server.
Yes, I was. From Teiid perspective we look at JBoss AS as hosting
environment. So, Teiid server means both. When Teiid has "embedded"
version then you can just embed that in your application's VM.

> I now have some work to do, so I will stop asking questions for a few days.

No problem. By all means if you have questions, please ask. Since 7.0 is
so close to being released, I would start with trunk version for any new
development. We hope to release 7.0 in next couple weeks.

Thanks

Ramesh..