[bv-dev] Questions on TCK SequenceResolutionTest

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Fri Mar 30 09:48:43 EDT 2018

I think the issue is that Guillaume and I are viewing the group sequence as
a simple, ordered set of instructions, whereas you, Gunnar, are viewing it
more as a dependency graph. I will confess that I am having difficulty
rising to your challenge of providing an example that would be indisputably
cyclical without having sat down at a computer or with pen and paper to
postulate one. In the meantime I wonder if there is anything in the spec to
encourage this "dependency graph" interpretation of what a group sequence
is. Having said that, it is probably true that a user who had set up such a
situation as this had done so unintentionally. OTOH, the second attempt at
validating the time consuming checks would be a noop in any case.

Matt