[cdi-dev] CDI SE Google Doc Updated

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 05:45:11 EDT 2015

The CDIProvider serves as a kind of SPI for CDI's static methods to be
able to call into the implementation. I don't think reusing it also as a
user-facing code is a good idea. What people suggesting to reuse
CDIProvider had in mind, I think, was to reuse it as the SPI for talking
to the CDI implementation instead. That way, the initialize() static
method of CDIContainer/StartedCDI/whatever we call it can use
CDIProvider internally to actually start the container.

In addition, the current proposal does not make it possible to implement
parallel container instances.

Jozef