[hibernate-dev] want to join hibernate development community

Elhanan Maayan elh.mailgate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:14:21 EDT 2009

i meant to say you need m2eclipse if you want to shorten the procedure as
much as possible, instead of using command line windows. personally i like
consolidating all my tools as much as possible into one single IDE, so if
i'll use maven, i'd wanna use it inside eclipse without much hassle.

i never thought hibernate was simple, my problem is that i don't see how
anyone outside jboss personal can actually create fixes (patches or
commits) without internal overview of hibernate. and jumping head first is
actually what a new developer in jboss would need to do, even if he did had
prior usage of hibernate. so either there  are white papers kept in jboss
for their use only , or the information is pass down orally by a senior
developer.

to give an example, we have a developer with a 7 year experience in java
j2ee, working on an undocumented homegrown framework with no internal
overview documentation, and only oral info passed from previous developer,
and that's not nearly enough as fixes usually break something else.