[hibernate-dev] HHH-8670 another EntityManager.find() not returning null question

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 18:20:03 EST 2013

HHH-8670 is about EntityManager.find() not returning null when a runtime
exception is caught when performing the find().  Returning null when a
ClassCastException (or any other runtime exception) occurs seems
confusing to me, but I suppose that we could log a DEBUG warning (like
we did for EntityNotFoundException).

Does anyone disagree with changing Hibernate ORM to return null when a
runtime exception is caught during the EntityManager.find() operation?

Scott