[hibernate-dev] Chat migration - D minus 115 until the death of HipChat

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 05:11:27 EST 2018

On 12/06/2018 10:40 AM, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> So, I'm using Zulip right now on a daily basis.
>
> I maintain my first impression that it's really not user friendly.
>
> The fact that you are required to create topics for discussions

Why is creating a new topic (=typing three extra words) an issue? This
is the killer feature why many people love Zulip.

(I would not spend more than 5 seconds checking for any existing topic
on similar matter)

> (or find a
> suitable topic in a list of a gazillion topics previously created,
> obviously without a search engine where you need it - you have a global one
> at the top where you can find topics) is a pain. You also need to use
> ctrl+enter to send a message, the default enter is a new line in your
> message.

There's a checkbox just next to the Send button, check it once and the
setting persists.

> The UI is not very good and I don't see any improvement since the
> last time I tested it so I'm wondering if they are investing in it.

Maybe they don't have feedback? Besides zooming in (View - Zoom In) I am
perfectly satisfied with the UI.

Actually one thing that I am not 100% comfortable with is the
active/inactive status, which marks people inactive despite they have
the client just on the background.

Radim

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>