[hibernate-dev] Stride

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 27 02:02:25 EDT 2018

+1 to test Zulip, thanks for setting it up Yoann.

Personally having used it quite a bit with other projects: it has
potential but it's not particularly polished yet; in particular the
mobile client has severe issues, and people are quite often failing to
use the "topics" correctly.

In the news today, Atlassian is killing both HipChat and Stride;
Started a partnership to move to Slack:
 - https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/new-atlassian-slack-partnership

I've been forced to use Slack as well for yet another group. Sadly not
OSS and infamous for needing tons of memory, but it's working very
well and has some very thouroughly well designed features.

So this raises more question..

  - will Zulip catch up?

  - Do we prefer a half baked solution just because it's open?

  - Is the humoungous memory requirement of Slack a real problem?

Tempted to just get back to IRC :/

The Atlassian&Slack partnership however is likely just a small step
towards more interesting integrations across the products.