[jboss-as7-dev] Undeploy problem, ServerDeploymentManager, Bundle deployment

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Tue Dec 21 04:14:55 EST 2010

Folks,

I took another stab at bundle deployment, which now works again for
hot-deployment, please pull https://github.com/jbosgi/jboss-
as/tree/bootstrap

Status
     #1 Undeploy does generally not take the DeploymentUnitService down.
     #2 ServerDeploymentManager service is not installed
     #3 Arquillian container cannot deploy because of #2
     #4 Bundle deployment through JMX cannot go through processors
because of #2

When removing the deployment marker file, the deployment scanner does
not seem to pick that up. I've not yet looked into why this would be.

What's the plan for the ServerDeploymentManager service. Both the
Arquillian and the OSGi subsystem depend on that. The Arquillian
container does its test deployment through it. The OSGi subsystem
delegated to it from a hook into the BundleContext.installBundle(...) API.

AFAICS, the ServerDeploymentManager service is the last missing piece
before we can resurrect the smoke tests.

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx