[jboss-as7-dev] Missing 404 for non-existent web app context?

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:53:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:21 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 04/18/2011 07:03 PM, denstar wrote:
>> And getting rid of it would be as easy as deleting the jar before
>> deploying?
>
> No, it would be a configuration change - just deleting the file would
> not really do anything except cause a deployment error.  But then
> everything is a configuration change.  Basically when you pack up and
> ship your server environment, if you're using the standalone model (AS
> <=6 style) you'll probably have your final standalone.xml file anyway
> which could just exclude that.  If you're using the domain model then
> you'd be building up your production config in a completely different
> way anyway.

That makes sense.  I'm already configuring ports and whatnot in
standalone.xml, so that should fit in fine, even so.

AS7 is soo different from previous releases-- which I'm down with.  I
really want to get my head around the domain stuff.

Alright, sounds good!  The button is the killer feature anyway.

For the record, I kind of like the "blank" shipment.  For completeness
I guess I'll toss in the idea that instead of tackling this "inside",
that there be a separate "newbie friendly/getting started" download
that strongly addresses many of the issues that you see when people
first get into the AS (can't think of anything besides ROOT.war right
now of course, but I suspect there are others... Eh.  Maybe a
welcome.jar could cover those too? *shrug*).

:Den

--
The highest form of vanity is love of fame.
George Santayana