[jboss-as7-dev] Missing 404 for non-existent web app context?

Jim Tyrrell jtyrrell at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 23:02:41 EDT 2011

> AS7 is soo different from previous releases

> For the record, I kind of like the "blank" shipment.  For completeness
> I guess I'll toss in the idea that instead of tackling this "inside",
> that there be a separate "newbie friendly/getting started" download
> that strongly addresses many of the issues that you see when people
> first get into the AS (can't think of anything besides ROOT.war right
> now of course, but I suspect there are others... Eh.  Maybe a
> welcome.jar could cover those too? *shrug*).

I second this every user of this will be new at one point, everyone, no exceptions.  What is this, and how do I do any and everything I knew, will be new.  Getting this into peoples hands quickly, and making them great is a huge concern I have now, hence my hopefully helpful involvement.

Again ill over up helping on that welcome screen/page.

Jim