[jboss-as7-dev] SPNEGO authentication fails loading configuration

Christoph Gostner christoph.gostner at objectbay.com
Fri May 13 04:30:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running into problems using the SPNEGO authenticator in AS7.
I created a module with the costumized picketbox jar, modified the
Authenticators.properties in jbossweb-7.0.0.CR1.jar and deployed the test
toolkit.

At first sight the deployment process works. But testing the application,
it can't find the required login modules configured in standalone.xml.
So I debugged the complete process and compared my application with a
working
BASIC authentication jar.

Deploying the BasicAuthentication.jar, the required configuration is set in
JaasConfigurationService.start(...). The configuration includes all the
login
modules, configured in standalone.xml.

When I deploy the negotiation toolkit, the configuration is not set. The
authentication process tries to load the configuration in
Configuration.getConfiguration()
but a new configuration instance is created with no login modules in it.

The authenticator is a subclass of AuthenticatorBase.
It seems that JBoss doesn't recognize that the application is JAAS enabled.

I don't see the difference between the BASIC authentication application and
SPNEGO toolkit. Has somebody an explanation for this phenomenon?

Christoph