[jboss-dev] JBoss Common

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 06:22:23 EDT 2007

We have 2 branches from the old common that included logging:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-old/branches/

Branch_1_0 for AS 4.0.x (latest release, 1.0.4.GA)
Branch_1_2 for AS 4.2.x (latest release, 1.2.0.GA)

Those are tagged the old way and tracked in JIRA.

For the new common (minus logging) we have again 2 branches:

This was created recently, but is it actually used?
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-core/branches/2_0/

We have different type of tags (is this a maven thing?):
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-core/tags/2.0.5.GA/
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-core/tags/jboss-common-core-2.0.4.GA/

But 2.0.5.GA still looks unreleased in JIRA:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/project/ViewProject.jspa?pid=12310265

2.0.2 and 2.0.3 were skipped in JIRA.

The common-core trunk is now producing the 2.2.x versions:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-core/trunk/

Last ones were 2.2.0.GA, 2.2.1.GA. Only the second was registered in JIRA.

Now that common-core has moved to 2.2.x, we have the problem that the logging modules are
still in 2.0.x version so the COMMON JIRA cannot track now updates to both:
common-logging-jdk
common-logging-log4j
common-logging-spi

Commong-logging has tags that are not documented and don't know if/where are used
2.0.3.GA/
jboss-common-logging-spi-2.0.4.GA/

AS5 is no on 2.0.2.GA

So

0) We need to do a better job tracking common-core/logging in JIRA, otherwise we won't know
what a particular version contains.
1) Shouldn't we create a different project in jira for Common Logging?
2) Since the 3 logging modules move in tandem and not too often, does it make sense to move
them in a single project, rather than having to maintain 3 different projects?