[jboss-dev] AS 5.1 Component Project Schedule

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 12:23:42 EST 2009

On 02/04/2009 01:50 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Project Leads,
>
> The next planned AS release is 5.1 Beta which we are targeting for a
> March release, and a following GA in April (provided no major problems).
>
> I need to know what versions of your respective components you would
> like included in this release. These would preferably be of CR or better
> quality, although a beta release may be OK if you are confident you can
> get a GA shortly thereafter. It would also be helpful if you could limit
> the scope of whatever version you are targeting for AS inclusion to be
> the features that benefit AS.

- JBoss Threads (1.0.0.GA) and its deployer module (1.0.0.GA)
     - this would include converting some or all thread pool service
deployments to use this module
     - http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=145110
- XNIO (1.2.0.GA) and its deployer module (1.0.0.GA)
- The improved JDK logmanager (unclear where/how this should be integrated
currently - perhaps it can simply replace the logmanager in jboss-logging-jdk?)
     - http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=145255
- JDK logbridge deployment module (1.0.0.GA)
     - need to verify that JSF logging works properly
- Remoting 3.x seems rather unlikely but I will know for sure in 2-3 weeks
I think (3.0.0.GA is out but there are about 10 other significant
prerequisite tasks before we can realistically consider replacing Remoting
2.x in the AS, so... unlikely).

- DML