[jboss-dev] Logging & bootstrap integration branch merged

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 08:35:56 EDT 2009

Hi David,

David M. Lloyd wrote:

> - The boot-time log config is slightly different (see
> "system/src/resources/logging.properties")
> - Run-time log config now uses SchemaResolverDeployer to deploy
> jboss-logging.xml (located in deploy/, not conf/, due to the way the
> new MC deployer system works; look in deployers/ for more information
> about how the POJO log service works)
This would mean that the appenders/handlers for server.log would be
created when the jboss-logging.xml is picked from the deploy folder.
Wouldn't it be too late? I mean the server.log would no longer contain
most of the logs from the deployers/deployments prior to the
jboss-logging.xml being configured, isn't it? The logs prior to this
configuration being picked up, would be logged to boot.log which is
controlled through the logging.properties within the
JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.jar file. So configuring the logging.properties would
involve unzipping and updating the logging.properties and zipping back
the archive. Would it be possible to handle this in a better way?

By the way, is the xsd for the jboss-logging.xml available for reference?

regards,
-Jaikiran