[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Remote EJBs

ptmain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 22:25:35 EDT 2006

I'm having a difficult time with the concept of my JSP page directly working with EJBs, but I'm trying to let go of the past.  I totally bought into the "business delegate" and "value object" architecture for hiding the fact that I used EJBs, etc.

Any comments about how this (directly referencing EJB from a JSP) is no longer evil (if it ever was)?

I do have a few EJB questions:

1. How do I access a remote EJB using Seam?  I don't necessarily mean all beans would be remote.  I'm working with an application that would need to interact with several sets of services, some local and some remote.  I'm wondering if there is some Seam magic for this, so I don't have to have gooey jndi/home iface/remote iface junk in my app.

2. Also, is there anything special I need to do to make one of my EJB sessions also respond to remote calls?  [I don't know too much of the EJB3 stuff yet, but I'm hoping I could just add the "@Remote" annotation to the interface - however, how would it be registered with jndi?]

3. What happens on my web page when the JSF listener is a remote session bean and its server is down (our old friend RemoteException)?  Is that handled gracefully by Seam, or is there a mechanism for me to handle it gracefully?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960858#3960858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960858