[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Programmatic Authentication in JBoss?

cmdrclueless do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 17:40:02 EST 2007

I'm also running into a lot of problems trying to push my authenticated principal up into the web container (tomcat). I'm using JBoss+JSF+SEAM with ICEfaces and MyFaces as an application stack. Since we are using facelets posting to 'j_security_check' isn't trival because of how JSF works.

I can easily use JAAS to authenticate the EJB/POJO layers, but the web tier is proving resilient to my attempts to install the authenticated subject. I've read the thread, docs, and FAQ and like evsrao and eschulma I cannot find a workable solution.

There has to be a way to push the authenticated Subject into the Tomcat server session but I can't find it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012174#4012174

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012174