[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: @NamedQuery and setting orderBy as a parameter?

rocken7 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 12:50:41 EST 2007

EJB3 is an ORM, therefore it shouldn't be so difficult to accept attributes (simple accessor method) for orderBy and then swap them out as it handles the query.

Suppose I haven't written much in the realm of JPA, but some kind of mapping or framework hint should be accounted for this kind of use.

Basically, this is a huge use-case for ejb3 and I'm suprised its not addressed, nor even discussed.  Yet its the first thing anyone mentions when they get into implementing some ejb3 app.

Even if I handled the mapping on my end, viewsWeekly == 'c.views_weekly' etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008887#4008887

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008887