[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: JBoss Tools/App Server/Eclipse/Java versions. Getting t

JGF1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 16 09:34:02 EDT 2008

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I actually never used the search functionallity i in WTP and that also explains why we haven't implmented it ...we should. Please report that in jboss tools jira.

Url please. And I'll be happy to comply.

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Anyhow - the way how this is done is File > New > Server, select JBoss,  a division of Red Hat (the WTP ones are very bare-boned) - and point it to your install.

I'll give this a try. Cheers.

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | JBossTools will work on JDK 6, but JBoss AS does not support JDK 6 yet ( most things work though...just be warned ;)

I had experienced things not working. Specifically with Web Services earlier. Would you recommend I take a look at latest Beta for AS 5?

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | eeh there is no *requirement* for 3.2.6 GA to use 3.2.0 of tools. It is a *compatibliity* matrix and the rest of JBoss Tools i s irrelevant.
  | &
  | we don't introduce weird breakage in point releases.

Sorry Max, it was my interpretation. I thought 'required', when in fact 'compatible' was order of the day (Perhaps >= symbols in matrix?)

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I don't understand why you did not just download JBoss Tools  or simply Hibernate tools if it is just hibernate tools you are interested in it ?

I'm also interested in learning Seam down the road too. Thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. One step at a time though!

Many thanks for your guidance today. I'll await your JIRA url..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151378#4151378

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151378