[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Support of J2EEDeployer and AutoDeployer in jboss-5.0.1

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 14 11:38:54 EDT 2009

What do you mean by "automatically deploy"? In other words, what actions are you performing and what actions do you expect the app server to then take?

One way of deploying an app is to call the deploy operation on the MainDeployer mbean, passing the file name or URL for the app to that operation. Here is an example using twiddle (a command-line JMX utility):

twiddle invoke "jboss.system:service=MainDeployer" deploy /some/path/myapp.ear

I would call the above a manual process - you have to invoke the deploy method.

A more automated process can be achieved by adding new deploy directories to the deployer. You can do this by adding new values to the applicationURIs property of the SerializableDeploymentRepositoryFactory bean in the server/xxx/conf/bootstrap/profile-rpeository.xml file. For example, to add the /opt/other/apps directory:

<property name="applicationURIs">
  |   <array elementClass="java.net.URI">
  |     <value>${jboss.server.home.url}deploy</value>
  |     <value>/opt/other/apps</value>
  |   </array>
  | </property>

Now, any time that I copy a WAR, EAR or other deployable file to the /opt/other/apps directory, the hot deployer will deploy the app (the hot deployer searches the deploy directories every 5 seconds by default). I regard this as automatic deployment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231120#4231120

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231120