[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Usable Smook Editor"

John Pount do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 10 18:45:18 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Usable Smook Editor":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519152#519152

Author  : John Pount
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jpount

Message:
Just wondering what the best version of JBT would be to get a usable Smook Editor - I just want to do relatively simple XML to Java, Java to XML, XML to XML type transformations using a GUI mapping editor.

I am using Eclipse Galileo SR1 and 3.1.0.M4 of JBT but cannot see where to do mappings (which is probably a user error) - I can add input files, then presumably I need to add an entry for the mapping..... I can't find any relevant quick starts.

I also tried the latest nightly build and that has a different UI but I cannot get past the java mapping section as I cannot find where you load/specify the Java class.

Is there a recommended milestone/nightly build that anyone is using to do something like this?

Sorry for the vague details.

Thanks.
h3.