[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Pluggable dependency resolver"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 15 08:15:15 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Pluggable dependency resolver":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520287#520287

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I have made a start on the pluggable dependency resolvers and am committing stuff to  https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver.

So far I am just playing to get a rough idea of what is needed. I have extracted the contents of https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/plugins/AbstractController.java.resolveContexts(boolean) and what it calls with https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/plugins/AbstractDependencyResolver.java and https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/plugins/DefaultDependencyResolver.java. AbstractDependencyResolver contains a reference to the controller and utility methods to do work on the controller. DefaultDependencyResolver contains the "work" done by resolveContexts and the methods it called.

At the moment DefaultDependencyResolver contains too much controller specific stuff, which I want to move out, but I just wanted to get something in for further discussion.