[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Re: Occasional exceptions out of SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders"

Andrew Dinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 1 08:18:21 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Occasional exceptions out of SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529124#529124

Author  : Andrew Dinn
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adinn

Message:
> frapaa wrote:
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> I am running on JBoss 5.1.0 GA (bundled with Mobicents 1.2), but I don't know if I should start debugging that platform, hehe.. :-)
>
> Could the issue be that one of the classes in my application is holding on to a reference to this class that failed to undeploy/deploy?

Well, 5.1.0.GA may be  worth trying to sort out. However,. hot deploy is a difficult thing to be get right because there are lots of places where something could be holding on to classes it should not be referring to -- that might be JBoss or it might be your code or it might be both. Whether the problem shows or not depends in part upon the order of classloading so probelms may linger for a while even when you think it is working.

Are you deploying several artefacts and then only updating one? This can cause problems if you don't declare dependencies between your deployments. If there are dependencies then declare them so that the AS will undeploy the whole set.

If not then you may have uncovered a bug in the AS or WS code. Since we don't offer any guarantees that hot deploy will work any problem you find will be a low priority for fixing -- hot deploy is merely a 'nice to have' for development, it's not somehting anyone should rely on in production. If you really want to find out what is wrong/fix it you'll need to rev up your debugger.