[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: HornetQ RA integration"

Jeff Mesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 11:16:55 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532567#532567

Author  : Jeff Mesnil
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jmesnil

Message:
> vickyk wrote:
>
> The client application will get the ConnectionFactory which will call the ConnectionManager::allocateConnection() and further invoke createManagedConnection Or matchManagedConnection.
>
> The createManagedConnection will basically invoke the MCF::createConnection().
>
> PS: If you could explain the details then I could take a deeper look at the specs and corresponding details, right now I am putting all what is there in top of my mind.
In HornetQRAManagedConnectionFactory.createConnection(), I create the ManagedConnection which in turn create the underlying HornetQ JMS resources.
At that time, I need to know if I should create a XASession (if <xa-transaction /> was specified), a transacted Session (if <local-transaction />) or a non-transacted Session (if in a <no-tx-connection-factory> element).
This created session will be returned later by ManagedConnection.getConnection(). Is that correct?

I'm diving into the JCA spec to have a better picture of this...

thanks for the help