[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: SignalEvent issue in jBPMConsole

Herman Post do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 8 20:21:49 EDT 2012

Herman Post [https://community.jboss.org/people/hbpost] created the discussion

"Re: SignalEvent issue in jBPMConsole"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758687#758687

Thanks Maciej, the intermediate throw event worked.   We are not currently using the web-based Designer for development but are using the old eclipse-based BPMN editor.   Please let me explain why.

We are programmers and we are trying to develop complex protocols.  We use eclipse for most of our develpment tasks and would like to use it for BPMN development for a number of reasons.

* ability to debug processes and rules
* ability to unit test processes and rules
* have a common project structure and source repository for processes, rules, custom workitems, fact models, etc.
* have a highly efficient development environment with keyboard shortcuts, code completion, etc.  We'd really like the 'code, compile, debug' cycle for Drools to be as efficient as any other language.

Designer is evolving into a very nice tool and we hope our business users (clinicians in our case) will begin using it to model high level workflow.  We do use Designer and jBPMConsole to demo our work to end users and to let them review the logic.  I doubt we will ever use Guvnor as a repository as we already have an enterprise Knowledge Repository available to us.

We really want to use the new BPMN2 modeling elements and are anticipating a stable release of the eclipse-based BPMN2 editor.  It will be very important to us to be able to round-trip processes from eclipse to Guvnor so we can collaborate with our users.   We hope the jBPM Development Team recognizes the importance of this tool.  We hope that development of rules and processes in eclipse becomes as efficient as Java development.   We'd love to see rules and processes compile into intermediate binary files and packages in the default 'target' folder to speed up development.

I expect you might respond that we are welcome to participate in the development of these new features, but unfortunately our leadership does not currently support such a contribution to any significant level.  They do however support purchasing the RedHat BRMS product once these key features have been implemented.

Thank you again for your response, and please let us know if we've misconstrued something.

Thanks,

Herm