[jbosscache-dev] Logging levels in 1.4.0.SP1

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 14:14:23 EDT 2006

I'm taking a quick look at JBC-related logging in the AS from 1.4.0.SP1,
and had the following comments:

1) 08-10 11:14:59,421 DEBUG [org.jboss.cache.TreeCache] viewAccepted():
[JBOSS-33102AB21:1551|0] [JBOSS-33102AB21:1551]

Having this at INFO is pretty important; this is critical info for
support cases.

2) 2006-08-10 11:14:56,984 INFO
[org.jboss.cache.factories.InterceptorChainFactory] interceptor chain
is: ....

Should this be INFO?  I don't mind if it is, just wanted to check.

3) 2006-08-10 11:14:59,484 DEBUG
[org.jboss.cache.buddyreplication.BuddyManager] New buddy group:
BuddyGroup: .....

Having this at INFO would be good as well.

There's a lot of INFO logging from NextMemberBuddyLocator.  I think
that's fine for now, while we shake down that code.  Perhaps some
optimization in later releases (e.g. check the # of view members and
skip some steps that will obviously fail; track whether the view size is
increasing to detect when cluster is just forming and log at lower
levels while that is going on).

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss, a division of Red Hat