[jbosscache-dev] Naming discussion

Ben Wang ben.wang at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 07:17:34 EDT 2006

Guys (and Manik, secifically),

I have been in the process of updating the PojoCache documentation for 2.0 release. One thing that came up that I'd like to solicit some inputs. As we all agreed that PojoCache will still be housed under JBoss Cache (alhtough may have two separate distributions). That is, JBoss Cache will have two cache libararies per se. Now we know one component is PojoCache. How do we call the other component (with Cache implementation)? We used to call it TreeCache that is more distinguished than simply Cache, IMO.

FYI, in 2.0, PojoCache will use a delegate to the Cache implementation. Actually, there will be two seprate configuration xml files. One is for the Cache and the other for PojoCache. So we can say PojoCache is a layer on top but not a sub-class anymore.

Thanks,

-Ben