[jbosscache-dev] cacheloader migration examples

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Sep 17 09:32:59 EDT 2007

On 4 Sep 2007, at 13:09, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I have fixed the issues in the cacheloader-migration
> project. I just need to commit them. Before doing that, some
> questions:
>
> 1.- Is there any way to create the ZIP distribution that we created
> when JBossCache 2.0.GA was released? The build scripts I created to
> run the cache loader migration examples relied on the distro ZIP
> structure to run, so I'd like to build that ZIP to test the examples.

ZIPs are created using the assembly plugin in maven.  Have a look at
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosscache/core/trunk/assembly/ for
the different assembly descriptors for the different ZIP files we
distribute with JBoss Cache.

These are executed by the assembly plugin in JBoss Cache core's pom.xml:

  <build>
     <plugins>

       <plugin>
         <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>assemble</id>
             <phase>install</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>attached</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <descriptors>
                 <descriptor>assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
                 <descriptor>assembly/doc.xml</descriptor>
                 <descriptor>assembly/all.xml</descriptor>
               </descriptors>
               <finalName>${artifactId}-${jbosscache-core-version}</
finalName>
               <outputDirectory>target/distribution</outputDirectory>
               <workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>

	</plugins>
	</build>

> 2.- Alternatively, and I guess this is where we're trying to get
> to, should I be converting this build scripts to Maven scripts and
> so they should run independent to the location of libraries...etc?
> This leads me to think that I need to be building a snapshot of
> cacheloader-migration and uploading it (as Manik suggested couple
> of weeks back).

Yes, you probably want this as well, but a ZIP distribution can be
made available as well, as described above.