[jbosstools-dev] 3.3.1 / 5.0.1 - more JIRAs coming / latest respin almost done

Jiri Peterka jpeterka at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 04:07:29 EDT 2012

Hi Nick,

if there is a new respin for these, it's not possible to perform new
build re-test in time (this week). For small-mid versions like 5.0.1
expected procedure is:

1. All issues in JIRA for 3.3.1 are fixed first or postponed
2. Then QE Build for is delivered
3. QE is testing a build (we need 1 week approximately for a build) - no
more new JIRA fixes during this period!
4. If non-trivial tests pass, then sign-off & 1:1 respin to GA, if not
then new JIRAs are created and we are back at step 1
5. GA is put to CSP and basic verification is done by QE

Currently we almost break all those rules which is not good for smooth
testing process. I know there are be PTO & other planning reasons. Still
we definitely need to avoid similar situations next time. Mainly step 1
was not fulfilled and not all JIRAs  has been fixed or postponed first
and some fixes are still coming under QA phase. For QE it's really
impossible to use a new build several times in one week and provide
consistent testing and test results. And another expectation that is
valid for small-mid updates is that dev phase on branch is done when QE
build is coming.

Thanks for understanding, regards,

Jirka