[jbosstools-dev] 3.3.1 / 5.0.1 - more JIRAs coming / latest respin almost done

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 19:08:40 EDT 2012

AFAIK there were multiple plans in place. One minimalist one, and one
with a different set of urgent things to fix.

Max specifically asked that JBDS-2218, 2219, 2220, and 2221 get done
while he was AFK on PTO, but then later said we should only do the
smaller set. So, to resolve this conflicting direction, I went with the
superset.

---

As to uping versions of 3rd party plugins, that will have to slip to 5.0.2.

I've been waiting on feedback on these for at least a month:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11167 GWT VE & WB 2.5.x/2.6.x
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2187 GWT 2.5.x/2.6.x
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-1998 subclipse 1.8
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2001 egit 1.3
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2032 testng 6.4
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2166 findbugs 2.0.1
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-1627 jslint 1.5

Once they're accepted by QE I can push them into JBDS, but I need your
authorization to do so first. Note too that there's now a GWT 3.0.1 for
both Eclipse 3.7 and 4.2, which will ALSO need vetting - see
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2235 for that one - need to decide
if we want 3.0.1 in JBDS 5 and 6, or just 6. Since 3.0.1 is the first
version I found that supports Juno, I've added it to the reqs mirror and
TP in advance of your approvals simply because it's the only version
available. Should you deem it unacceptable, I'll of course remove it.

Cheers,

Nick