[jbosstools-dev] [jdf-dev] JBoss Central HTML5 archetype is borked

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 15:07:09 EST 2013

Hi Fred!

I merged your PR.

I think that the second proposed solution is better because it doesn't
evolve any respin with a fix and the result as I understood is the same.
Do you agree ?

Em 02/12/13 16:28, Fred Bricon escreveu:
> Thanks Rafael, that fixed the main issue. However, the essential
> dependencies are incorrect, here's a PR fixing them :
> https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jdf-stack/pull/28
>
> Now this lead me to find a severe issue in JBoss Central
> (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-16170), where we display a
> warning about these missing dependencies only if the user selects an
> enterprise runtime which is really really bad.
>
> We have 2 solutions :
> - respin JBT/JBDS for GA with a fix
> - make stacks.yaml point at the old html5 archetype, with a
> target:community label, effectively using a different archetype if a
> non-enterprise runtime is selected.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Fred
>

> Le 29/11/2013 21:14, Rafael Benevides a écrit :
>> I hope this commit fixes the issues:
>> https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jdf-stack/commit/49134b900
>>
>> Please, let me know of any additional issues.
>>
>> Thanks for the report.
>>
>> Em 29/11/13 15:26, Fred Bricon escreveu:
>>> 2 issues were introduced in JBoss Central with the latest stacks.yaml
>>> update :
>>>
>>> - 2 archetype versions use the same html5-mobile tag : 2.4.0.Final and
>>> 2.4.0-build-1. But JBT, using
>>> org.apache.maven.artifact.versioning.ComparableVersion, finds
>>> 2.4.0-build-1 is higher than 2.4.0.Final and uses it as the most recent