[jbosstools-dev] New location of the source files for earlyaccess.properties

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon May 11 08:02:29 EDT 2015

On 11 May 2015, at 12:26, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 11 May 2015, at 10:48, Mickael Istria wrote:
>
>> On 05/11/2015 10:45 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> I would expect these to live inside jbosstools-discovery project.
>> I'm trying an answer there, Nick may correct me later.
>> So far, these files do not require any compilation, generation,
>> packaging, deployment effort.
>
> There is testing and that it affects all installs so pushing these
> directly is not really sensical IMO.
>
>> So it seems to be best to only have them where they're expected in
>> the end rather than having them in some repo and having to implement
>> some additional deployment steps.
>
> download.jboss.org has zero tagging, testing or control at the moment
> so its not where I would like to put
> things directly.
>
> So the *source* of the files is at some location in
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-download.jboss.org and then
> separate one for jbdevstudio ?
>
> I found 10 different ones in jbosstools-download.jboss.org...should we
> remove some of them ?

Thanks for explanation on irc mickael.

The *Source* is here:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-download.jboss.org/tree/master/jbosstools/mars/snapshots/updates/earlyaccess.properties
in 4.3.mars and master folders.

What I don't grok from this is why we are now introducing yet another
naming standard/convention when we in
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-3208
agreed on this:

mars/
    snapshots
    staging
    development
    stable

Why do we need a 2nd level under snapshots called master and 4.3.mars
when that is already supposed to be covered by snapshots and staging
(and eventually development/stable) ?