[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 1 - Start from scratch

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 07:19:27 EDT 2007

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Regarding the IDE setup, we might provide a basic Eclipse project configuration that users might use as a starting point for each of their ws-enabled projects.
I agree. When we write the JBossWS test we're always doing the same things. If we would provide eclipse project configuration it would help us too. And as bonus, when we'll use these preconfigured configurations we'll test them too. This is a good idea.
"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Otherwise we could create a simple presentation / movie showing users how to setup the environment the right way.
This is the NICE feature for us, but not SHOULD or MUST.
"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote : We might also ask the Red Hat Developer Studio team to support the latest jbossws features (at least the wsprovide and wsconsume tools).
RHDS is based on JBoss IDE so our eclipse configurations should work there too ;-)

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Then we should link the documentation and the samples more tightly. This means that most of the samples and tests will be enriched with a brief description (a scenario) in the documentation. Then wherever the documentation covers a particular feature backed up by a sample or test case, there will be a link to the test-suite. Finally we could make the test-suite run easier providing an Eclipse project configuration with the tests only and a simplified Ant script to run each of them.
No comment on this. I fully agree.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095563#4095563

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095563