[keycloak-user] Maximum number of clients (applications) in a realm

Orestis Tsakiridis orestis.tsakiridis at telestax.com
Tue Jun 30 08:30:02 EDT 2015

Hi Marek,

my comments inline:

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Marek Posolda <mposolda at redhat.com> wrote:

>  How much clients you have in mind?

I guess 100-1000 would be realistic. But more may come later.

> Theoretically there is no any limit. At least at database level. Fact is
> that we didn't try to test admin console UI with very big number of
> clients. Feel free to create JIRA if you're seeing issues.

Thanks. Before doing this, i just want to be sure that i'm on the right
path and there are no alternatives. For instance, i've also considered
creating a new realm per machine but this won't work either. A user's
identity should be global but also have access to selected machine(s). I
think that concept can work only within a single realm.

> Another approach is to design your deployment so the number of clients is
> not too big. For example when adding new "machine" you can reuse already
> created clients (not sure if it's the approach which works for you, just a
> possible hint...)

Unfortunately that won't work either. :-(. We need those clients and their
respective machines to be in place and operational.

> Marek

Anyway, thanks for the help Marek!

Regards

Orestis